- olive oil
- italian seasoning
- Rinse enough vegetables for however many people you are serving, 1 medium zucchini for every two people.
- Quarter the zucchini lengthwise and then chop into half inch sections.
- Film enough olive oil in a large sauté pan to just barely film the bottom. No more than a few tablespoons, depending on how much zucchini you have.
- Set the pan over a strong medium to medium high heat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a generous amount of italian seasoning. Again, judge this on preference and the amount you are cooking.
- Leave the veggies where they are for several minutes to acquire some color on them. If they are just kind of steaming, turn up the heat a bit. Give them a toss, and then leave them alone again to get more color on a different side.
- Pull them from the heat when they are fairly well browned but have not become mushy.
- Taste for salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Yields: 4 serving
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat : 1 g
Total Carbs: 3 g
Sodium: 200 mg
Sugar: 0 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 1 g