- 1 pizza crust (make your own, or not, mine was from Trader Joe’s)
- 3/4 cups bbq sauce (use a little for heating the chicken and garlic, and the remainder is used as your pizza sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (shredded or chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 purple onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cups cashew nuts (rough chopped)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno chilies (very finely chopped)
- Work pizza dough on a floured surface into desired shape and thickness (mine was a thin rectangle). Set aside on olive oil drizzled waxed paper.
- Warm chicken in a small amount of BBQ sauce (1/4 cup) along with clove of crushed garlic.
- Grate cheese, chop cilantro, finely slice red onion, rough chop cashews, finely dice jalepenos.
- Preheat outdoor grill to 500*
- Place dough on clean grill grates by picking of dough on waxed paper and flipping onto grill, peel off waxed paper.
- Close grill lid and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Carefully flip dough using tongs and/or large spatula.
- Top with remaining bbq sauce, chicken, cheese, onion, cilantro, cashews, and jalepenos (*optional).
- Close lid and cook until bubbly, checking occasionally making sure bottom doesn’t get too charred.
- Adjust heat and cook indirectly if bottom begins to char too much before top is bubbly
Yields: 4 serving