- 1 lime zest (large, and juice, at least 2 T juice)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cups purple onion (finely diced, or sliced green onion)
- 5/12 cups feta cheese (crumbled)
- salt (and fresh ground black pepper to taste)
- ground black pepper (salt and fresh, to taste)
- Zest the lime and then squeeze the juice, putting zest and juice into a bowl that’s big enough to hold all the salsa ingredients. Dice the avocado into the bowl and toss with the lime juice and zest.
- Cut up enough tomatoes to make 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes. Finely dice the red onion and crumble the Feta. Stir tomatoes and red onion into the avocados and lime juice and mix until well-combined. Then gently stir in the crumbled Feta just until it’s mixed into the salsa. (Don’t stir too much.) Season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper and serve.
- Serve the salsa over grilled or roasted fish, grilled or sauteed chicken, grilled or sauteed pork chops, or steak. It could also be served as a topping for tacos or part of the filling for burritos, or simply as a salsa to be scooped up with chips or toasted pita chips.
Yields: 1 serving