- 1/3 cup (80 ml) liquid honey
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) dried red chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes (about 2 lbs, 0.9 kg)
- 1 small pineapple, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1/2 of a large onion, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for 1 hour before using to prevent burning)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, oil, minced garlic, chili pepper flakes, and black pepper. Set aside about 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the marinade to brush onto the kabobs while they are cooking.
- Place the remaining marinade and the cubed chicken into a large resealable plastic bag. Seal, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or longer.
- Preheat the grill for medium-heat (about 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Drain the marinade from the chicken and discard marinade. Thread chicken, onion, pepper, and pineapple alternately onto the skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill, and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
- Turn heat down to low, and brush the kabobs with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve immediately.
Yields: 6 serving